In my last post I shared some of my Favorite Winter Decor in my sitting room and my family room you can read that post here. In that post I said my number one tip for creating Winter decor is Layering and using a lot of throws! I was looking for the perfect winter table cloth or runner and I found this beautiful throw at Marshall’s. Not only does it warm the table up, but the whole room as well.
I also love Christmas decor that can easily stay up for Winter too! Don’t you just love my snowflake on the chippy window?
I also love layer plates. Here I used my chargers from Ikea. Then my dinner plates from Crate & Barrel. Dinner & bread plate. Then I layered the napkin on top with a fresh sprig of parsley. I love adding fresh flowers or greens to my table.
For this centerpiece I just shopped around my own house and added items to my faux dough bowl from Target. The Swedish Horse is my husband’s childhood toy **awe**.
These rustic lanterns are from Michael’s.
Hydrangea’s are always a good idea, they go with every season, and every table decor…
My Tips for a Winter Tablescape:
- Winter is all about warmth. If you have a cozy throw that you just love, why not iron it, and place it on your table?
- Keep layering your table with a table runner, I like to find a cheap scarves, just like the one I got at Old Navy on my Christmas table you can see that post here.
- Shop around your own house for a tablescape! Wood is always warm, so do you have anything wood? Pop it on table and create a vingette. Like my husbands Swedish horse from when he was a kid.
- Candles are always on my table! Add as many as you can to add warmth, but be careful not to make it look like a birthday cake for a 90 year old! You can go overboard here. I love to use 2 tall candles and then tea light candles placed around the table, about 6 max!
- Always add greenery! If you don’t have fresh flowers, go in your fridge and grab some parsley and place a sprig or two at each place setting.
- & of course serve something warm to your family & friends!