I got this recipe about 15 years ago from Tammy Maltby. I had the pleasure of meeting her when I used to be on the Women’s leadership team at my church. We had Tammy for a guest speaker. This was one of many recipes that she shared with us that night and it has become a staple at get-togethers that our family will have.
Tammy became friends with my mother. She and her husband have visited my parents home, and I was able to spend more time with her. Tammy is a gem. She is an accomplished author and has written some of my favorite Christian books. She is also a fantastic chef and has published cookbooks as well.
You only need four ingredients for this super easy recipe:
(as with all my recipes, you can skip the directions in pictures, and scroll to the end of the post for the recipe card!)
The first thing you will want to do is cut the Brie in half:
Lay out the defrosted pastry on a cookie sheet. Place the creamy side up:
Place the other half creamy side down, then wrap it up!
Pinch the edges together, flip it over then brush it with the egg
Place it in the oven for 20 minutes on 375*
- 1 14 oz round Brie
- 1 package puffed pastry sheets ( they come in a package of 2 in your freezer section)
- ¼ to ½ Cup of any variety of jams or chutneys. Apricot is what I used today.
- 1 beaten egg to brush on the pastry before you put it in the oven.
- Remove one sheet of the frozen puff pastry. Let it come to room temperature (or microwave on defrost for 2 minutes. Make sure you watch it carefully). Cut Brie in half, lengthwise. Place one slice of the Brie (creamy side up) in the center of the unfolded puff pastry sheet. Add filling. Approximately ½ cup of whatever you choose. Place another half of Brie (creamy side down) on top of fruit mixture.
- Carefully wrap the puff pastry upward around the Brie. Starting with the corners of the pastry fold up circularly around the Brie, gathering the ends in the center of the Brie. Place on foil-lined and sprayed cookie sheet seam side down. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- ~ You can assemble this in the morning and wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. 30 minutes before baking remove it from the fridge to warm up before baking!
Let me know if you try this one! I always love hearing from you, my friends!
& Here is a Pin for you to save it for later: