If you like Mexican food, and since you are reading this post, I am assuming you are a fan. Then I will also assume that you have eaten at Chipotle! So, you must love their Cilantro Lime Rice.
This is even better than Chipotle!
This is a perfect side for your Mexican meal, like the Enchilada recipe here.
Cilantro lime rice actually is a delicious side for any meat dish, especially chicken.
You can skip the pics & scroll down to the recipe to print or pin for later.
Let’s get started:
First you are going to want to combine long grain rice , chicken broth, salt and ground cumin in a large saucepan or skillet.
Stir, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover with acid and then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 20 min.
meanwhile chop the fresh cilantro
Some spices are fine to buy already dried in a bottle, but don’t ever use dried cilantro, always chop it fresh..it is the best!
Zest the lime. I bought a zester at my grocery store, it works like a charm.
Juice one lime for 2 tablespoons.
Remove from heat & keep the lid on for 10 min.
Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice, 1 tsp. lime zest & cilantro
Fluff with fork and serve warm!
Print the recipe below and save this Pin on Pinterest for later!
Let me know if you try it!
- 1 Cup of long grain white rice
- 2 Cups of chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Mix the rice, chicken broth, salt and ground cumin in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 min.
- Remove from the heat, keeping the lid on let it stand for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice, lime zest, and the cilantro.
- Fluff with a fork and it is ready to serve!