Is there anything better than chocolate chip cookies & milk?
Everyone needs to have a great chocolate chip cookie recipe.
When I was a little girl and my mom would bake, my brother and I would sit and watch and wait until we could lick the spoon. Did you do that too? I let my kids do the same. I heard somewhere that as long as you use fresh organic eggs, you don’t need to worry about salmonella poisoning…I’m not sure if that is true, but we never got sick.
There is nothing better than cookie dough!
If you like crispy or cake-like cookies this is not for you, but if you like chewy big cookies, well, I have the best one for you! Seriously.
But listen carefully, you MUST follow the recipe exactly!! Do not skip any of my steps.
Some of the steps that you may not be used to when making your cookies are using egg yolks, letting your dough chill for at least an hour, melting your butter & sifting the dry ingredients! If you don’t skip those you will have yummy cookies just like this:
Add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips whatever you love!
I double this recipe and divide it. I add semi-sweet chips to half of the batter & white chocolate chips to the other.
Isn’t this a pretty picture? No staging is necessary! With cookies all you need is milk 😉
I know you are going to love these cookies. If you try them let me know!
If you want to save this chocolate chip cookie recipe for later, Don’t forget to pin it to your Pinterest board! I made a pin for you below the recipe!
- 2 Cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- ½ Cup of white sugar
- ¾ Cup UNSALTED butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat 325*
- sift together the dry ingredients.
- Cream together the melted butter (let cool first), brown sugar and white sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, egg yolk until light. Mix in the sifted ingredients until blended. Stir in chips using a spoon.
- LEAVE IN THE FRIDGE FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR I like to leave them in over night actually!!
- If you want big cookies drop by ¼ cup or smaller 2 tablespoons. cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Back for 15-17 minutes. look for the edges to be lightly browned then take them out, let them cool on the baking sheet for at least 7 min. then place on a wire rack to finish cooling!